Wednesday 12 September 2012

Something each betta breeder and owner should know :)

(my blog maskot Aurum ;) didnt know he had perfect scaling and masking until now XD)
lost him to dropsy ;) a sweet fello, never harm a female

I've been keeping fishes ever since i was little
they are one of the most unique creatures of the world
they live in an underwater paradise where we could only dream of living in.
Now fishes are being very popular because of their beauty and rarity.
But out of their beauty we have forgotten their true personality ;)

They may be an apple of one's eye but they themselves have their own personality
they like us have sadness and happiness
like us they feel pain
getting to know your betta's personality is not something nonsense :3
trust me...you'll find something very outstanding ;)

This a very special Copper red Super Delta :)
Not only is he my first SD
he is very special

He is the secret to all my breeding success
its because he is the best foster parent there is ;)

Every breeder knows that not every pair can be very successful in caring for fragile eggs
I used to have a very horrible pair where the female kept eating eggs and the male has no interest in egg caring ><
I thought it would be a total nightmare for the eggs with the male abandoning the eggs

On the same time, my copper red had his own batch of eggs to care for so i placed the abandoned eggs in his tank
without hesitation he quickly picks them up and placed the eggs with his 2 days old eggs :)

I was very amazed with his behavior so I began experimenting

When he was done taking care of the eggs until both of the batch is free swimming I placed him back in his regular tank
Like a real parent he cant stop making some bubble nest for some fries even if I separated them from him
So a few days later I had another pair abandoning their eggs
knowing this batch wont be able to survive since i had no other batch going on


I decided to placed the batch of eggs in the copper red's tank
I though he would just eat is as its not his and he is not in a parent mode
But then he started to pick the eggs n make a larger bubble nest for them
I was really amazed with him

He is bred just once but he had taken care of countless batch of abandoned eggs
this is one very special fish ;)
I had yet to find one like him :3

I lost him to Swim bladder disease about a year later.

We should always try and learn our betta by observing their behavior :)
who know maybe u might find one that is as special as my big boy :)

and please Dont try throwing eggs in another males tank
they might eat it

hope you all appreciate your dear bettas :3 because they are just the sweetest creatures on earth
that packs a punch XD

No comments:

Post a Comment